Peggy Filer, Department Head
CHS PE and Health
CHS PE MAKE UP POLICY
NON-SUITS - ABSENCES - MAKE-UPS:
- Excused vs. Unexcused Absences/Non-Suits- Each student shall suit up every day unless excused with a note from a parent/guardian. If you have a note, you can make up the missed workout. If you don’t have a note, the absence/non-suit is considered unexcused and you cannot make it up.
- Any excuse over three (3) days requires a note from a doctor.
- Unexcused absences, unexcused non-suits and non-participation days CANNOT be made up.
- Making Up Missed Workouts- To receive full participation points for an EXCUSED missed workout the workout MUST BE MADE UP within ONE WEEK of the excused missed workout, unless prior arrangements are made with teacher. For example, if a workout is missed on a Thursday, student has through the following Thursday to make up this missed workout. After school sports practices may NOT be used to fulfill these make ups.
- PE Department AFTER SCHOOL Make up Sessions- Students run/jog five (5) laps around the track. Five laps equal one missed workout, 10 laps equal two days, etc. Meet after school in the weight room and a PE Coach will detail your workout. You must find your own way home.
- Outside PE Make with Parent- Students are permitted to make up a maximum of two (2) excused missed workouts outside of school with proper PRIOR arrangements made through teacher.
- Article Reviews -(1 Review = 1 day's Make Up) Students are permitted to use three per semester.